Leaders: Teachers and parents
Locations: Home, school, camps, community
Participants: Children age 6 to 12
*Note: Use the objectives, notions, activities and materials
in a combination that is appropriate to your child or group.
To have children use art to communicate notions about the
environment, family and traditions.
• To make the participants aware of the environment around
them, and their role in its protection.
• To raise awareness of our responsibility to recycle, reuse
• To refurbish, repair and mend; to give new life to objects
• To empower children with knowledge and strategies. What
can we do as individuals?
• To incorporate in our daily lives, our responsibilities
our environment, by changing our behavior, and
that of our
children, students, and the generations of tomorrow.
• To have the participants reflect on the meaning of families
traditions, as it relates to them and others.
• To develop oral and written communication.
• To practice public speaking.
• To introduce the participants to new art concepts and
• To have them use the visual arts as a form of communication.
• To give participants an opportunity to create art.
• To have them learn and apply elements of art and design.
• To have them experiment with art materials, techniques and
• To have them relate the arts to the themes in Crac!.
• To have participants share their art and their opinions